VE-1 "ELINT" VALKYRIE
(Version 1.01 - Last updated: 8/5/98)
- RPG Statistics by Kenneth
- Background Information
derived from Robotech Technical
Technical Files: VF-1 Valkyrie
- Vehicle Type: VE-1 Elint/AEW mecha
- Class: Variable Fighter
Manufacturer: Robotech Defense Forces upgrade package New Albuquerque Base
Crew: One pilot wearing Tactical Life Support System.
MDC BY LOCATION:
|(1) Main Body
|Reinforced Pilots Compartment
|Retractable Utility Arms
|Arm Sensors (2)
|Top Rotary Radome Dish
|Back Thrusters (2)
- Depleting the MDC of the main body will destroy the mecha.
- RUNNING, SOLDIER CONFIGURATION:
- 70 kph
- LEAPING, SOLDIER CONFIGURATION:
- 10 ft (15 m) high or 70 ft (21 m) long without thrusters.
- FLYING, SOLDIER CONFIGURATION:
- 150 kph / 400 kph for (A,B,G,H,I,T)
- FLYING, GERWALK/SOLDIER CONFIGURATION:
- Mach One (670 mph/1072 kmph) maximum speed limit in an Earth-like atmosphere. Can also
hover in place indefinitely.
- FLYING, FIGHTER CONFIGURATION (almost never used in atmosphere) :
- Max level speed at sea level : Mach 1.0
Max level speed at 10km: Mach 1.5
Max level speed at 30+ km: Mach 2
MAX ENGINE THRUST:
- Two Nakajima/P&W/Rolls-Royce FF-2001D fusion turbines, total engine
output 226 kN total at max. power; 503 kN are available with overboost. Exhaust nozzles
allow for vector thrust, serving in place of conventional elevators. System includes two
reverse-vernier thrusters, on blisters outboard of each intake; exhaust comes directly
from main turbine at a maximum of 20% thrust.
- Four Nakajima NBS-1 high-thrust vernier thrusters, one on the ventral
in fighter mode, three in the 'backpack' in
Guardian and Battloid modes.
- 16.7m in soldier configuration.
- 11.7m in gerwalk configuration.
- 6.3m in fighter configuration.
- 9.1m at shoulders in soldier and gerwalk configuration.
- 14.8m with wings at maximum extension.
- 5.0m in soldier configuration.
- 11.3m in gerwalk configuration.
- 14.0m in fighter configuration.
- 45,000 kg empty.
- PHYSICAL STRENGTH:
- Equal to a P.S. of 60
- Small compartment behind pilot's seat for personal belongings
- POWER PLANT:
- Two Tirolian mecha protoculture-generators RT-5 providing a total of 650MW
- Delta V:
- 150 kps
- COMPATIBLE FAST PACKS:
- None, Space taken up with sensor package (see equipment of note)
- HAND TO HAND COMBAT: If necessary, the VE-1 can engage in melee combat rather
than use a weapon. The can execute most typical hand to hand combat moves, such as
punches, jump kicks, leap attacks, rolling with impacts, etc.
- Punch in Battloid: 1D6*3
- Punch in Guardian: 1D4*3
- Kick: 1D6*3
- Leap Kick: 2D6*3
- Body Flip/Throw: 1D6*3
- Body Block/Tackle: 1D6*3
- Stomp: 2D6*3 . (only effective against small objects)
STANDARD EQUIPMENT FOR THE ELINT:
- APS-201 SURVEILLANCE RADAR WITH ROTARY RADOME: mounted to FAST pack
boosters or plane's fuselage. Range 400 miles
- HF, VHF, and VLF COANTENNAS MOUNTED ON NR-SR-E3: (right arm)
- HF, VHF, and VLF COANTENNAS MOUNTED ON NR-SR-E3: (left arm)
- SIDE-SURVEILLANCE RADAR MOUNTED ONTO NR-FS-E3 LEG/ENGINE POD ATTACHMENTS: Range
- AUTO-PILOT: The ELINT is equipped with a computerized auto-pilot, allowing the
pilot to relax or even sleep during long voyages. The auto- pilot can be programmed with a
single destination or a complex flight plan involving multiple speeds, directions, and
destinations. The onboard computer will alert the pilot when the fighter is near its
destination, and can also be set to automatically signal when sensors detect objects near
the mecha. The auto-pilot was designed with long intra-system space journeys in mind.
- COMBAT COMPUTER: The combat computer tracks and identifies specific enemy
targets, and has a database of over 1,000,000 images stored in memory. The computer can
identify and track up to 10,000 targets simultaneously.
- EXTERNAL AUDIO PICKUP: Range: 300 ft (91.5 m). A sound amplification system that
can pick up normal conversation up to 300 feet away.
- HEAT AND RADIATION SHIELDS: Special shielding prevents the penetration of life
threatening head and radiation. A radiation detection and alarm system are linked with the
shields and will sound an alarm if there is a rupture in the shields and what the levels
of radiation are.
- HOMING SIGNAL: The escape pod of the VE-1 is equipped with a homing
device that enables rescue teams to locate a disabled craft or ejected life pod. The range
of the signal is 400 miles (640 km). Most REF ships and veritecs can locate and track a
homing signal, and the onboard computers will automatically notify their pilots if such a
signal is detected.
- LOUDSPEAKER: A loudspeaker system is built into the craft, which can be used to
amplify the pilot's voice up to 90 decibels.
- RADAR: Hughes AWG-20 X-band pulse-Doppler radar, providing long-range
detection and tracking of targets at all
altitudes. Range 200 miles
- OPTICS: INFRARED: Range: 2000 feet (610 m). This optical system projects a beam
of infrared light that is invisible to the normal eye, but detectable by the mecha's
sensors. The system allows the pilot to detect hidden/concealed objects by their IR
reflectiveness. The beam will be visible to anyone with IR sensitive optics, however.
- OPTICS: NIGHTVISION: Range: 2000 feet (610 m). A passive light image intensifier
that emits no light of its own, but relies on ambient light which is electronically
amplified to produce a visible picture.
- OPTICS: THERMAL IMAGER: Range: 2000 feet (610 m). A passive optical heat sensor
that detects infrared radiation projected by warm objects and converts that data into a
false-color visible image. The system enables the pilot to see in the dark, in shadows,
and through smoke, and also adds a +10% bonus to pilots using a tracking skill.
- RADIO/VIDEO COMMUNICATION: Long range, directional communications system with
satellite relay capabilities. Range: 100,000 miles or can be boosted indefinitely via
- SELF-DESTRUCT: To prevent capture of an advance variable fighter by the enemy,
the pilot can activate the VE-1 self-destruct system, which will cause the fighter to
explode after a delay of up to 60 minutes (time is set by the pilot). The explosive damage
is contained within a 20 foot (6 m) area and inflicts 1D6x10 M.D. to everything within the
radius of the explosion. All internal systems are obliterated. The escape pod will be
automatically ejected prior to the explosion unless the pilot overrides the ejection
- STANDARD SURVIVAL KIT: All REFs veritecs come equipped with a portable survival
kit. Inside the small reinforced box is a medium-sized flashlight, two hand flares, one
rocket flare, a compass, infrared distancing binoculars, a small mirror, a pocket knife,
dehydrated and concentrated food (can be stretched into a five day supply for one person)
and basic first aid items (aspirin, bandages, disinfectants, etc.)
- TACTICAL LIFE SUPPORT SYSTEM: The VE-1 cockpit is pressurized, and also provides
additional air feeds to the pilot's flight suit that provides him with pressurized
breathing. The REF flight suit also contains an upper and lower g-suit that promotes blood
circulation even during high-g turns, thus decreasing the possibility of pilot's blacking
out in combat.
- Elettronica Radar Warning Receiver (RWR)
- OlDelft Infra-red Warning Receiver (IRWR)
- Westinghouse ALQ-250(V) active sensor jammer
- Chaff and Flare dispensers: 24 chaff and 24 flares are stored in each
COMBAT BONUSES FOR ELINT TRAINING:
- 2 attacks per melee (plus those of the pilot).
- Add one additional action/attack at levels six and eleven.
- +2 to strike
- +3 to parry
- +1 to dodge in solder, +3 in guardian, and +5 in jet mode.
- +3 to roll with a punch or fall with an impact, reducing damage by half.
- Critical strike same as pilot's hand-to-hand.
REFERENCES USED IN THIS DESIGN
- Robotech Technical Files: Veritech Valkyrie
- Palladium Books: "Robotech The Roll Playing Game"
Back to Mecha Home