Tirolian Tzensi'dohl "Warlock" Bioroid
(Version 1.01 - Last updated: 7/8/98)
- Concept and Background by Kenneth
- Background Information
derived from Robotech Technical
With the successful mass production of the 2nd generation of Bioroids
(Scout and Invid Fighter), the Robotech Weapons Masters took it upon themselves to design
the most advanced Bioroid to date. While the massed produced Invid Fighter soon
became the standard combat mecha, the Warlock would replace the venerable Red Command
Gister'dohl Bioroid. This mecha would correct the inherent weakness of the Invid
Fighter while keeping the advanced sensors of the Scout and the heavy armored chassis of
Invid Fighter. The Warlock proved to be an incredibly lethal design, possessing 25%
more armor than the Invid Fighter while fielding the most advanced version of the Bioroid
Blaster to date. In addition, every Tzensi'dohl would have a Triumviroid unit providing additional
protection for the bioroid commanders.
The final version of the the Warlock Bioroid entered production only 1 week before the
end of the Second Robotech War. As a result only 100 units were produced and a
majority of these were destroyed in fighting during the end of the Second Robotech War and
the numerous skirmishes that took place in the years leading up to the Invid Invasion.
Only seven Warlock are known to have survived the Invid Invasion. Of these,
four are known to have joined with human resistance groups in an effort to rid the Earth
of their common enemy.
- Vehicle Type: One person all weather ground combat mecha
- Class: Advanced Tirolian Bioroid
Manufacturer: Robotech Masters
Crew: One pilot wearing advanced pysionic gear. Although possible a second
person can sit on the pilots lap. However, this was rarely if ever done.
MDC BY LOCATION:
||Tzensi'dohl "Warlock" Bioroid
|(1) Main Body
|Reinforced Pilots Compartment
|Hand Weapon (1)
|Sensor Arrays (1)
- Depleting the MDC of the main body will destroy the mecha. Because Bioroids
resistance to critical hits, characters only natural 20's will result in a critical shot.
This translates into game play as any critical hits on 18, or 19 will still do
double damage, but no additional effects will be rolled.
- Unlike the Bioroid Invid Fighter, the destruction of the head does not
destroy the unit.
- 95 kph
- LEAPING, SOLDIER CONFIGURATION:
- 10 m
- 14.5 metric tonnes
- PHYSICAL STRENGTH:
- Equal to a P.S. of 60
- POWER PLANT:
- 1 x Zorr'lev-13-DCr protoculture generator
- Propulsion in Spaceborne operations:
- Use of Skysled
- Delta V:
- Generator Endurance:
- 7 years
- Advanced Bioroid Blaster: The Warlock fields the most advanced version of the
Bioroid Blaster ever produced by the Robotech Masters. Although the damage potential
of the weapon is double and the energy reserves are 50% greater than the standard version,
this only allows for the weapon to be fired up to 60 dual blasts or 20 short bursts in any
one minute period.
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: Assault/Defense
- SECONDARY PURPOSE: Anti-Aircraft
- RANGE: 8,000 ft (2400 m)
- DAMAGE: single shots 1d6*10, dual shots 2d6*10, or dual short bursts
- RATE OF FIRE: Equal to the total number of H-to-H attacks
- PAYLOAD: Conditionally Unlimited. The weapons drum can shoot up to 20 short
burst in one minute before depleting its energy reserve. After which point the
weapons drum can only fire short bursts at a rate of 4 per melee until the energy reserve
- HAND TO HAND COMBAT:.
- Restrained Punch 1d6*3
- Full Punch: 2d6*3
- Power Punch: 2d6*3+12
- Tear or Pry: 1d6*3
- Kick: 1d6*3
- Leap Kick: 2d6*3
- Leap Kick: 2d6*3
- Body Block/Tackle: 2D6*3.
- Stomp: 1d4*3 MDC (only effective against small objects)
STANDARD EQUIPMENT FOR TZENSI'DOHL "WARLOCK" BIOROIDS:
- COMBAT COMPUTER: All bioroids are linked with the the Combat Scientists. As
a result each unit posesses all the information known to the whole.
- RADAR: One spherical phased array radar with surveillance modes,
effective range 100 km
- PROTOCULUTURE SENSOR: The Robotech Masters soon came to the realization
that the use of protoculuture produced recognizable wavelengths which could be
tracked. As a result they came up with a crude protoculture tracking system for use
in the Warlock Class Bioroids. Protoculture Sensors, providing detection and tracking of
active Protoculture-powered turbines. For detection of a high-power Veritech Fighter (such
as an Alpha), good resolution extends out to 3km, fair resolution out to 6km, and poor
resolution out to 16.8km. A typical Destroid is detectable at slightly more than half
these distances, a Cyclone at four percent of these distances, anda Gallant rifle at about
one percent of these distances.
- EXTERNAL AUDIO PICKUP: Range: 300 ft (91.5 m). A sound amplification system that
can pick up normal conversation up to 300 feet away.
- HEAT AND RADIATION SHIELDS: Special shielding prevents the penetration of life
threatening heat and radiation. A radiation detection and alarm system are linked with the
shields and will sound an alarm if there is a rupture in the shields and what the levels
of radiation are.
- LASER COMMUNICATIONS: Long range, directional communication system. Effective
range: 100,000 miles
- LASER TARGETING SYSTEM: Range: 50 miles (160 km). Used for increased accuracy in
the striking of enemy targets and is partly responsible for the mecha's strike bonus.
- LOUDSPEAKER: A loudspeaker system is built into the craft, which can be used to
amplify the pilot's voice up to 90 decibels.
- OPTICS: NIGHTVISION: Range: 2000 feet (610 m). A passive light image intensifier
that emits no light of its own, but relies on ambient light which is electronically
amplified to produce a visible picture.
- OPTICS: THERMAL IMAGER: Range: 2000 feet (610 m). A passive optical heat sensor
that detects infrared radiation projected by warm objects and converts that data into a
false-color visible image. The system enables the pilot to see in the dark, in shadows,
and through smoke, and also adds a +10% bonus to pilots using a tracking skill.
- RADIO/VIDEO COMMUNICATION: Long range, directional communications system with
satellite relay capabilities. Range: 600 miles (960 km) or can be boosted indefinitely via
- ACTIVE PASSIVE JAMMING SYSTEMS: These systems can be used to jam both
sensors and missiles.
COMBAT BONUSES FOR TZENSI'DOHL "WARLOCK" BIOROIDS:
TZENSI'DOHL "WARLOCK" BIOROIDS (average PP 19)
- 8 attacks per melee
- +6 to roll with the punch
- +6 to strike / +2 with sled
- +7 to parry
- +9 to dodge / +14 with sled
- Critical Strikes on 18,19, and 20
If variable PP are used add or subtract from the following chart
Of course special clones could have higher PP, however in general no clone has a PP
higher than 21.
SOURCES USED IN CREATION OF DOCUMENT
- Palladium's Robotech RPG Book IV: Southern Cross
- The Robotech Technical Files: Bioroid
Back to Mecha Home