(Version 1.00 - Last updated: 7/23/98)
- RPG Translation by Kenneth
- Background Information derived from Robotech
Technical Files SF-6 Vulture
- Vehicle Type: SF-6
- Class: One man all weather aerospace fighter
Manufacturer: Robotech Expeditionary Forces
Crew: One pilot wearing Tactical Life Support System.
MDC BY LOCATION:
|Reinforced Pilots Compartment
|Engine Thrusters (4)
- Destroying the MDC of the main body or the Pilots Compartment will destroy the mecha
- FLYING, FIGHTER CONFIGURATION:
- Max level speed at sea level : Mach 1.12
- Max level speed at 10km: Mach 2.92
Max level speed at 30+km: Mach 4.86
Stall speed : 185 kph
Initial climb rate : over 30000m per minute
Service ceiling : 29 km (unboosted).
MAX ENGINE THRUST:
- 2 x NAKAJIMA/P&W/ROLLS ROYCE FF-2011-4 FUSION TURBINES: Max
unboosted output 140 kN each or 275 kN overboosted.
- 2 x NAKAJIMA/P&W/ROLLS ROYCE FF-2011-4S PLASMA-SHOCK EXPANSION
REACTION ENGINES: Max unboosted output 121.5 kN each or 249 kN overboosted.
- 8 x P&W HMM-1A HIGH-MANEUVERABLITY VERNIER THRUSTERS: four in two
banks of two on either side of the cockpit, and four mounted at the rear around the
- ASSORTED AUXILIARY MANEUVERING THRUSTERS
- 16,200 kg empty.
- Small compartment behind pilot's seat for personal belongings
- POWER PLANT:
- 1 x Tirolian mecha proto-generator (RT/PS-4d), providing electrical power to the
aircraft; output 325 MW
- Delta V:
- 200 kps, 16 standard canisters of protoculture with 300 liters of D20 reactant for
- 1 x EP-100 SINGLE-BARREL PARTICLE BEAM CANNON: A single cannon is
mounted in the nose. The cannon is powered directly by the main protoculture
generator an can fire 45 MJ of particle energy a second.
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: Assault
- SECONDARY PURPOSE: Anti-Mecha
- RANGE: 3000 m
- DAMAGE: 3d6*10 for each single shot
- RATE OF FIRE: Single shots equal to the combined attacks of the pilot.
- PAYLOAD: Effectively unlimited
- 2 x UNDERWING HARDPOINTS: One hard point is mounted under each wing.
Each hard point can carry 15 short range missiles , 5 medium range missiles, 1 long range
missiles, or 1 CBM-200
Anti-mecha CLUSTER BOMB.
- 1 x HARDPOINT ON THE DORSAL REAR: One hard point is mounted on the upper
engine block. This hard point can carry 15 short range, 5 medium range, or 2 long
STANDARD EQUIPMENT FOR THE VULTURE:
- AUTO-PILOT: The vulture is equipped with a computerized auto-pilot, allowing the
pilot to relax or even sleep during long voyages. The auto- pilot can be programmed with a
single destination or a complex flight plan involving multiple speeds, directions, and
destinations. The onboard computer will alert the pilot when the fighter is near its
destination, and can also be set to automatically signal when sensors detect objects near
- COMBAT COMPUTER: The combat computer tracks and identifies specific enemy
targets, and has a database of over 2000 images stored in memory. The computer can
identify and track up to 250 targets simultaneously.
- LASER TARGETING SYSTEM: Range: 100 miles (160 km). Used for increased accuracy in
the striking of enemy targets and is partly responsible for the fighter's strike bonus.
- HUGHES APG-99 X-BAND PULSE DOPPLE PHASED ARRAY RADAR: 200 mile range.
- RADIO/VIDEO COMMUNICATION: Long range, directional communications system with
satellite relay capabilities. Range: 300 miles (960 km) or can be boosted indefinitely via
- STANDARD SURVIVAL KIT: All REF fighters come equipped with a portable survival
kit. Inside the small reinforced box is a medium-sized flashlight, two hand flares, one
rocket flare, a compass, infrared distancing binoculars, a small mirror, a pocket knife,
dehydrated and concentrated food (can be stretched into a five day supply for one person)
and basic first aid items (aspirin, bandages, disinfectants, etc.)
- TACTICAL LIFE SUPPORT SYSTEM: The Vulture's cockpit is pressurized, and also
provides additional air feeds to the pilot's flight suit that provides him with
pressurized breathing. The REF flight suit also contains an upper and lower g-suit that
promotes blood circulation even during high-g turns, thus decreasing the possibility of
pilot's blacking out in combat.
- ELETTRONICA RADAR WARNING RECEIVER (RWR)
- OLDEFT INFRA-RED WARNING RECEIVER (IRWR)
- WESTINGHOUSE ALQ-250(V) ACTIVE SENSOR JAMMER
- CHAFF AND FLARE DISPENSERS: 24 chaff and 24 flares
COMBAT BONUSES FOR VULTURE TRAINING:
- 2 attacks per melee (plus those of the pilot).
- Add one additional action/attack at levels six and eleven.
- +1 to strike
- +5 to dodge
REFERENCES USED IN THIS DESIGN
- Robotech Technical Files: SF-6 Vulture
Back to Mecha Home