M-23 HIGHLANDER LIGHT BATTLE TANK
(Version 1.00 - Last updated: 6/15/98)
- Concept and Background by Kenneth
- Background Information
derived from Robotech Technical
For background information refer to Robotech Technical Files: M-23
Highlander Light Battle Tank
- Vehicle Type: Armored Light Battle Tank
- Class: RDF Vehicle
Manufacturer: Maschenbau GmbH and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries
Crew: 3 Crew: driver, gunner, and commander
MDC BY LOCATION:
|Main Body (2)
|Main Engine Thruster (rear) (1)
|(2) Sensor Eye
|(1) Main Body
|Reinforced Pilots Compartment
- Depleting the MDC of the main body will destroy the mecha.
- The sensor eye is the most vulnerable place on the Invid's mecha body. Destruction
of the sensor eye will destroy the mecha and pilot. However, it is a small target
protected by surrounding shielding, thus, to hit the player must make a called shot at -3.
- MAXIMUM ROAD SPEED:
- 120 kph
- MAXIMUM CROSS-COUNTRY SPEED:
- 70 kph
- FORDING DEPTH:
- 1.5 m
- 5.4 m
- 3.0 m
- 2.4 m
- 28.0 metric tonnes
- POWER PLANT:
- 1 x Turbomeca auxiliary power unit supporting the engines alternator for power when the
engine is off.
- 1 MTU MB 575 Ka 275 diesel 4 stroke 12 cylinder multifuel, turbocharged, liquid cooled
engine providing 1350 hp at 3500 rpm
- FUEL CAPACITY:
- 1000 liters of diesel or petrol fuel
- MAXIMUM RANGE, DIESEL:
- 550 km
- MAXIMUM RANGE, PETROL:
- 480 km
- 1 x 80mm LIQUID-PROPELLED MOTION-STABLIZED SMOOTHBORE CANNON: Feed is automatic
via an autoloader, firing at a sustained rate of 30 rounds per minute.
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: Assault
- SECONDARY PURPOSE: Anti-mecha
- RANGE: Armor Piercing Spin Stablized Discarding Sabot Rounds (APSSDS) 3000m, High
Explosive Armor Piercing 2500m, and Standard HESH 2700m.
- DAMAGE: APSSDS 3d6 per shot, HEAP 1d4*10 per shot, and HESH 6d6
- RATE OF FIRE: 7 times per melee
- PAYLOAD: 60 rounds, typically 25% APSSDS, 25% HESH, and 50% HEAP
- NOTES: APSSDS crits on 17,18,19,20. HEAP crits on 19,20.
- ALL MODELS 2 x STINGER II SURFACE TO AIR MISSLES: for air
defense. They are located on the right side of the main turret under the smoke
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: Anti-Aircraft
- SECONDARY PURPOSE: Anti-missile
- RANGE: Varies with missile type
- DAMAGE: Varies with missile type
- RATE OF FIRE: One at a time or in volleys of 2.
- PAYLOAD: 2 short range missiles.
- All Models 1x7.62 mm MACHINEGUN: is located in the main turret.
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: Anti-personnel
- RATE OF FIRE: Equal to the number of attacks of the gunnery officer
- PAYLOAD: 2000 rounds
- All models 1x12.7mm MACHINE GUN: in the commanders cupola turret.
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: Anti-personnel
- RATE OF FIRE: Equal to the number of attacks of the pilot.
- PAYLOAD: 500 rounds
- HAND TO HAND COMBAT:. As a vehicle the anaconda does not engage in physical
combat as a mecha can. However, it can ram or crush items in its path
- Ram: 1d6*3
- Crush (only effective against small targes): 2d6*3
STANDARD EQUIPMENT FOR THE HIGHLANDER:
- COMBAT COMPUTER: The combat computer tracks and identifies specific enemy
targets, and has a database of over 500 images stored in memory. The computer can identify
and track up to 10 targets simultaneously.
- LASER TARGETING SYSTEM: Thomson LT-4 laser ranger and designator (10km)
- OPTICS: NIGHTVISION: Range: 2000 feet (610 m). A passive light image intensifier
that emits no light of its own, but relies on ambient light which is electronically
amplified to produce a visible picture.
- OPTICS: THERMAL IMAGER: Range: 2000 feet (610 m). A passive optical heat sensor
that detects infrared radiation projected by warm objects and converts that data into a
false-color visible image. The system enables the pilot to see in the dark, in shadows,
and through smoke, and also adds a +10% bonus to pilots using a tracking skill.
- RADAR: Westinghouse APG-144 X-band pulse-doppler phased array radar (50km)
- RADIO/VIDEO COMMUNICATION: Long range, directional communications system with
satellite relay capabilities. Range: 100 miles (960 km) or can be boosted indefinitely via
- SELF-DESTRUCT: To prevent capture the pilot can activate the Anaconda
self-destruct system, which will cause the vehicle to explode after a delay of up to 60
minutes (time is set by the pilot). The explosive damage is contained within a 50 foot (6
m) area and inflicts 4D6x10 M.D. to everything within the radius of the explosion. All
internal systems are obliterated.
- STANDARD SURVIVAL KIT: All RDF vehicles come equipped with a portable survival
kit. Inside the small reinforced box is a medium-sized flashlight, two hand flares, one
rocket flare, a compass, infrared distancing binoculars, a small mirror, a pocket knife,
dehydrated and concentrated food (can be stretched into a five day supply for one person)
and basic first aid items (aspirin, bandages, disinfectants, etc.)
- TACTICAL LIFE SUPPORT SYSTEM: The Anaconda'scockpit is pressurized, and also
provides additional air feeds to the pilot's flight suit that provides him with
- OlDelft Infra-red Warning Receiver (IRWR)
- SELENIA GLADIATOR ACTIVE/PASSIVE SENSOR JAMMERS
- SMOKE DISPENSERS: 2 x 12 smoke dispensers capable of firing a smoke
grenade up to 50m mounted on top of the main turret.
COMBAT BONUSES FOR HIGHLANDER:
- Number of attacks equal to the combine number of the pilot, gunnery officer, and
- +1 to strike
- +1 to dodge above 20 kph.
SOURCES USED IN CREATION OF DOCUMENT
- Palladium's Robotech RPG: Macross
- The Robotech Technical Files: M-23 Highlander Light Battle Tank
Back to Mecha Home