LOCKHEED SF-2 HUNTER SPACE FIGHTER
(Version 1.00 - Last updated: 7/21/98)
- RPG Statistics by Kenneth
- Background Information
derived from Robotech Technical
See Robotech Technical Files: SF-2 Hunter Space Fighter
- Vehicle Type: SF-2 Hunter Space Fighter
- Class: One Man aerospace fighter
Manufacturer: Lockheed Aerospace
Crew: One pilot wearing Tactical Life Support System.
MDC BY LOCATION:
|Reinforced Pilots Compartment
|Engine Thrusters (3)
|Laser Cannons (2)
|Short Range Missile Launchers (2)
- Destroying the MDC of the main body or the Pilots Compartment will destroy the mecha
MAX ENGINE THRUST:
- 3 x ROCKETDYNE DRoE-2 REACTION ENGINE: Two engines are located in
the tail section and one halfway on the ventral hull. Each engine provides 80 kN of
- ASSORTED AUXILIARY MANEUVERING THRUSTERS
- 8,100 kg empty.
- Small compartment behind pilot's seat for personal belongings
- Delta V:
- 50 kps
- 5 x protoculuture cells for power generation.
- 2 x MAUSER RoV-20 LASER CANNONS: Each cannon fires short bursts
with an output of 4 MJ up to 60 times a minute..
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: Assault
- SECONDARY PURPOSE: Anti-Mecha
- RANGE: 1500 m
- DAMAGE: 3d6 for each single bursts.
- RATE OF FIRE: Bursts equal to the combined attacks of the pilot.
- PAYLOAD: Effectively unlimited
- 2 x MEDIUM RANGE MISSILES: Two medium range missiles, one mounted on each
side of the nose, are mounted on the Hunter.
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: Assault/Defense
- SECONDARY PURPOSE: Anti-mecha
- RANGE: Varies
- DAMAGE: Varies
- RATE OF FIRE: One at a time or in volleys of two.
- PAYLOAD: 2 medium range missile.
STANDARD EQUIPMENT FOR THE HUNTER:
- AUTO-PILOT: The Hunter is equipped with a computerized auto-pilot, allowing the
pilot to relax or even sleep during long voyages. The auto- pilot can be programmed with a
single destination or a complex flight plan involving multiple speeds, directions, and
destinations. The onboard computer will alert the pilot when the fighter is near its
destination, and can also be set to automatically signal when sensors detect objects near
- COMBAT COMPUTER: The combat computer tracks and identifies specific enemy
targets, and has a database of over 200 images stored in memory. The computer can identify
and track up to 25 targets simultaneously.
- LASER TARGETING SYSTEM: Range: 100 miles (160 km). Used for increased accuracy in
the striking of enemy targets and is partly responsible for the fighter's strike bonus.
- HUGHES AWG-20S X-BAND DOPPLE RADAR: 150 mile range.
- RADIO/VIDEO COMMUNICATION: Long range, directional communications system with
satellite relay capabilities. Range: 300 miles (960 km) or can be boosted indefinitely via
- STANDARD SURVIVAL KIT: All RDF come equipped with a portable survival kit. Inside
the small reinforced box is a medium-sized flashlight, two hand flares, one rocket flare,
a compass, infrared distancing binoculars, a small mirror, a pocket knife, dehydrated and
concentrated food (can be stretched into a five day supply for one person) and basic first
aid items (aspirin, bandages, disinfectants, etc.)
- TACTICAL LIFE SUPPORT SYSTEM: The Hunter cockpit is pressurized, and also
provides additional air feeds to the pilot's flight suit that provides him with
pressurized breathing. The RDF flight suit also contains an upper and lower g-suit that
promotes blood circulation even during high-g turns, thus decreasing the possibility of
pilot's blacking out in combat.
- ELETTRONICA RADAR WARNING RECEIVER (RWR)
- OLDEFT INFRA-RED WARNING RECEIVER (IRWR)
- WESTINGHOUSE ALQ-200 ACTIVE RADAR JAMMER
- CHAFF AND FLARE DISPENSERS: 12 chaff and 12 flares
COMBAT BONUSES FOR HUNTER TRAINING:
- 1 attacks per melee (plus those of the pilot).
- Add one additional action/attack at levels six and eleven.
- +0 to strike
- +2 to dodge
REFERENCES USED IN THIS DESIGN
- Robotech Technical Files: SF-2 Hunter Space Fighter
Back to Mecha Home