Guyar Shock Trooper
(Version 1.0 - Last updated:
- Concept and Background by Kenneth
- Background Information
derived from Robotech Technical
- Based off an original design presented in Animedia's
Genesis Climber Mospeada Color Graffiti (pg 118)
Guyar was the Invid's first attempt to produce a heavy assault mecha designed to
fight the Zentraedi on more even terms. Originally
introduced only 6 months after the razing of Optera by Zentraedi forces, the
Guyar introduced many of the systems that would be featured on later models.
The first units came on line quickly and the quality of the mecha initially
caught the Zentraedi by surprise.
The Guyar possesses armor similar to that on the Zentraedi Regult pods.
This fact is of no coincidence as the Invid forces studied all of the Zentraedi
designs before engineering their first generation of mecha units. The
Guyar is immune to all anti-personal weaponry and is capable of surviving
several direct strikes from light anti-mecha weaponry; however, medium and heavy
weapons can often penetrate the armor resulting in destruction of the unit.
Two IHG-X pulse plasma cannons are mounted in
the forearms; however, they have the tendency to overheat if used for more than
15 seconds. After which, they must cool for 30 seconds before the pilot can fire
The flight control systems are primitive to
comparable Zentraedi and Robotech Systems of the time.
As a result the flight and combat performance is quite sluggish compared
to later Gurab models (Inivd Shock/Trooper).
The Guyar was only produced for 5 years during which time the unit provided
valuable lessons for the next generation of Invid mecha.
Although, the unit was inferior to all of the Zentraedi combat units,
often mass quantities of Guyars were able to overwhelm their enemies.
after the introduction of the Gurab, the Guyars were either placed into reserve
roles or into storage. Only once did the REF come into contact with the
Guyar units. In 2028, advanced
forces from the SS. Roosevelt attacked an Invid outpost on Celi-5.
REF intelligence estimates that the Invid commander was forced to supplement
his meager forces with several hundred Guyars which had been placed into
storage. The REF forces made short work of the mecha and no additional
units were encountered. Intelligence
believes that no additional Guyar will likely be encountered as they have been
stripped of all common parts with the Gurab and defueled of protoculture decades
- Vehicle Type: One person all weather ground attack combat mecha
- Class: Invid combat mecha
Manufacturer: Invid Regent / Regis
Crew: One pilot
MDC BY LOCATION:
|Upper Arms (2)
|Legs & Feet (2)
|Main Engine Thruster (rear) (1)
|Pulse Beam Cannon (2)
|* Sensor Eye
|** Main Body
|Reinforced Pilots Compartment
- * The sensor eye is the most vulnerable place on the Invid's mecha body. Destruction
of the sensor eye will destroy the mecha and pilot. However, it is a small target
protected by surrounding shielding, thus, to hit the player must make a called shot at -3.
- ** Depleting the MDC of the main body will destroy the mecha.
- 400 kph in planetary atmospheres
- 25 km service ceiling
- 50 kph
- 30 m w/o boosters
- 4.2 m
- 3.0 m
- 4.0 metric tonnes
- PHYSICAL STRENGTH:
- Equal to a P.S. of 50
- POWER PLANT:
- 1 x Terri'Ltyre protoculture cell energizer with 4 protoculture
- PROPULSION IN SPACEBORNE OPERATIONS:
- Engines: two IE-1 one vectorable plasma shock thruster with a output of
60 kN per thruster
- DELTA V:
- 25 kps
- GENERATOR ENDURANCE:
- 100 hours of operational use
- BOOSTER UNITS:
- 2 x IHG-X PLASMA CANNONS: The IHG-X was the first plasma cannon
designed for heavy mecha by the Invid. Although, it possessed a
greater damaged potential over similarly configured first generation models,
the unit tended to overhead in battle requiring the weapon to cool for 30
seconds before continued use. Typically, the IHG-X fires one-second bursts with kinetic and
thermal energy of approximately 3.0 MJ. Each cannon can store enough
plasma for up to 20 seconds of continuous firing; however, as mentioned
previously the cannon is incapable of firing for more than 15 seconds
continuously. The main
protoculture energizer can recharge each cannon with 10 seconds of plasma
for every minute of operational use
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: Assault
- SECONDARY PURPOSE: Anti-mecha
- RANGE: 1000m
- DAMAGE: One single blast 1D4, dual blasts 2D4 (two
simultaneous shots from both cannons), 4D4 MDC for short bursts, or 4D6
MDC for medium bursts.
- RATE OF FIRE: Equal to the pilot's hand to hand attacks
- PAYLOAD: Conditionally unlimited
- NOTES: The weapons will overheat if the pilot fires
three medium bursts in any given melee (15 seconds)
- HAND TO HAND COMBAT:. Like all Invid mecha the Guyar possesses
a considerable ability to engage in hand to hand combat
- Punch/Claw: 3D6*3
- Tear or Pry: 1D6*3
- Kick: 2D4*3
- Body Block/Tackle: 2D4*3.
- Stomp: 1D4*3 MDC (only effective against small objects)
STANDARD EQUIPMENT FOR GUYAR TROOPER:
- EXTERNAL AUDIO PICKUP: Range: 150 ft (91.5 m).
- VISUAL: Capable of times 4 magnification
- OPTICS: NIGHTVISION: Range: 200 meters. A passive light image
intensifier that emits no light of its own, but relies on ambient light which is
electronically amplified to produce a visible picture. However the system is more
primitive than standard REF or Robotech forces.
- SHORT RANGE ULTRASONIC MOTION TRACKERS: Range: 400 ft.
COMBAT BONUSES FOR INVID GUYAR:
- Three attacks per melee
- +0 to strike (Guyar was never outfitted with a protoculture sensor)
- +1 to parry
- +1 to dodge on ground
- +2 to dodge in flight
- +1 to roll with the impact
- Related abilities: Prowl - 35%, Detect Ambush - 40%, Detect Concealment -
Track - 25%
SOURCES USED IN CREATION OF DOCUMENT
- Palladium's Robotech RPG: Invid Invasion
- Robotech.com: Invid Scout, Armored
- The Robotech Technical Files: Gurab Shock Trooper and Ligaa Armored Scout
Back to Mecha Home