ROBOTECH MASTER COMBAT DROID
(Version 1.10 - Last updated:
- Concept and Background by Kenneth
- Background Information derived from Robotech
As the war with the Armies of the Southern Cross proceeded,
the Robotech Masters soon came to the realization that their bioroid clones were becoming
increasingly defenseless to the perceived Terran emotional attacks. In response, the
Robotech Masters ordered their scientists to build a improved Robotech sentinel which
could replace the increasingly inefficient clones. The Science Masters, taking from
the previous AI Robotech units which guarded their Robotech Factories, created the
Triumviroid and later the Combat Droid. Both of these units are self-containing
devices which are independently capable of performing the three basic functions of combat:
data accumulation, analysis and response all within milliseconds. Weapons that were
to perform as perfectly as the Masters themselves. The Robotech Masters believed
that they would no longer have to depend on bioroid clones such as Zor Prime.
The Triumviroid was to be the first of the series of new combat robots.
The second in this series was to be a more advanced combat unit armed with the
latest in particle beam weaponry and the most advanced medium range missiles ever
produced. These Z'tzenri medium range missiles have the range and damage
potential of medium range plasma warheads; however, these missiles have a reflex
seeker mounted in their warhead. These missiles were the ultimate extension of an
advanced robotic unit, missiles that were able to analysis combat situations on its own.
Like the Triumviroid, a lack of protoculture and manufacturing capacity plagued the
Combat Droid project. The Robotech Masters were unable to even mass produce
quantities of Triumviroids, Warlocks, and Bioroid Warrior all of which research had
progressed further than the Combat Droid. As a result, the Combat Droid project was
unable to get out of the experimental phase. Still some 100 units were produced
before the end of the 2nd Robotech War. The initial plan was to integrate the Combat
Droids into the Masters bioroid forces. These initial experimental units proved
themselves incredibly unreliable. They were known to attack targets at random or not
at all. The few scientists that were assigned to fix this problem determined that
the fault laid in the advanced AI computer that controlled the unit. Although new AI
units could not be fabricated, a stop-gap measure was found by using parts from each unit
a "new" Combat Droid could be produced. The remaining units were
cannibalized to produced some 20 combat ready units. These were immediately placed
into survived during the final battle of the 2nd Robotech War. All the Combat Droids
are believed to have been destroyed in the final battle, only after proving there worth
destroying an average of 2 Southern Cross units for every combat loss.
- Vehicle Type: Robotech Master Combat Droid
- Class: Robotech Sentinel
Manufacturer: Robotech Masters
MDC BY LOCATION:
|(1) Main Body
|(2) Sensor Eye
|Particle Beam Cluster
|Missile Launcers (2)
|Rear Thruster Clusters (2)
- Depleting the MDC of the main body will destroy the mecha. This vehicle is extremely
small, maneuverable and hard to hit. This translates into game play as -2 to strike
and 5 and 6 misses.
- Distruction of the sensor eye will effectively blind the unit, no strike bonus only 1
attack per melee. However that target is extremely difficult to hit -4 to strike,
with 5 and 6 missies
- MAXIMUM SPEED:
- 500 kph in plantary type atmospheres.
- 2.0 m
- 2300 kg fully loaded
- POWER PLANT:
- One Ttsteni-X10 micro-protoculture generator. Maximum output is 100 MW
- Propulsion in Spaceborne operations:
- 2x Bstizzi Anti-gravity units and 4 T'zchi rear thrusters providing 25 kN of thrust each
- Delta V:
- Umlimited with use of Antigrav units, acceleration up to 3 gravities near planatary
bodies. Rear thrusters have enough fuel for 25 kps of delta v
- Generator Endurance:
- 4 years
- PARTICLE BEAM CANNONS: The combat droid possess a dorsal cluster of three
particle beam cannons. Each cannon can fire single 5 MJ shots up to 5 times per
melee. The chin turret can rotate +10 and -120 degrees from horizontal and +-70
degrees to the left and right.
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: Assault/Defense
- SECONDARY PURPOSE: Anti-Aircraft
- RANGE: 8,000 ft (2400m)
- DAMAGE: 3d6 for each single, 1d4*10 for dual, or 1d6*10 MDC for three, or 2d4*10
for all four blasts.
- RATE OF FIRE: Up to 5 times per melee
- PAYLOAD: Up to 60 blasts per hour
- 2 x Z'TZENRI MEDIUM RANGE MISSILE SYSTEM: Ten advanced Z'Tzenri
medium range missiles are mounted in two launchers on either side of the sensor eye.
Each launcher can rotate +-60 degrees from horizontal. The missiles are the
most advanced fielded to date by the Robotech Masters, each missile has the size and
damage potential of a standard plasma medium range warhead; however, each possesses an
advanced reflex type seeker head.
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: Assault/Defense
- SECONDARY PURPOSE: Anti-mecha
- RANGE: 40 km
- DAMAGE: 2d6*10 MDC
- RATE OF FIRE: One at a time or in volleys of two, three, four or all six
- PAYLOAD: 10 Z'Tzenri medium range missile per launcher for a total of 20
- NOTE: These missiles have reflex guidance systems +4 to strike, +2 to dodge, 2
attacks per melee.
- HAND TO HAND COMBAT: The combat droid will only engage in hand to hand attacks as
a last resort
- Ram: 1d4*10 MDC - The triumrvoid will be take 5d6 MDC
- Full Speed Ram: 3d4*10 - However, the triumrivoid will be destroyed in the process
STANDARD EQUIPMENT FOR THE COMBAT DROID:
- COMBAT COMPUTER: The Combat Droid has a sophisticated combat computer that
performs the three basic functions in combat: data accumlation, analysis
and response all within milliseonds. The Triumviroid can than either act on
this information or wait for further orders from the Science Masters
- EXTERNAL AUDIO PICKUP: Range: 300 ft (91.5 m). A sound amplification system that
can pick up normal conversation up to 300 feet away.
- LASER COMMUNICATIONS: Long range, directional communication system. Effective
range: 100,000 miles
- LASER TARGETING SYSTEM: Range: 50 miles (160 km). Used for increased accuracy in
the striking of enemy targets and is partly responsible for the mecha's strike bonus.
- LOUDSPEAKER: A loudspeaker system is built into the craft, which can be used to
amplify sounds up to 90 decibels.
- OPTICS: NIGHTVISION: Range: 2000 feet (610 m). A passive light image intensifier
that emits no light of its own, but relies on ambient light which is electronically
amplified to produce a visible picture.
- OPTICS: THERMAL IMAGER: Range: 2000 feet (610 m). A passive optical heat sensor
that detects infrared radiation projected by warm objects and converts that data into a
false-color visible image. The system enables the pilot to see in the dark, in shadows,
and through smoke, and also adds a +10% bonus to pilots using a tracking skill.
- RADAR: range 40 mile (64 km)
- RADIO/VIDEO COMMUNICATION: Long range, directional communications system with
satellite relay capabilities. Range: 600 miles (960 km) or can be boosted indefinitely via
COMBAT BONUSES FOR COMBAT DROID:
- 6 attacks per melee
- +4 to strike
- +4 to Roll
- +7 to dodge
SOURCES USED IN CREATION OF DOCUMENT
- Palladium's Robotech RPG Book IV: Southern Cross
Back to Mecha Home