Command Terran Fighter
(Version 1.01 - Last updated: 5/7/98)
- Concept and Background by Kenneth
- Background Information derived from Robotech
- Based on an original mecha design by Fred Perry, Joe Wolfe, Doug Din,
ARNie, and Jochen Weltjens, Published in Antarctic Press Robotech #7
The successful creation of the Bioroid
Terran Fighter, showed the Robotech Masters that bioroid production could continue on
Earth using only salvaged materials and powered by "contaminated" protoculture.
They ordered the production of a more powerful type of Bioroid for which the stage
three clones and Robotech Weapons masters could lead their rebuilt army of Zentraedi and
lesser clones. Using the basic design of the Terran Fighter, the Master's scientists
added a considerable amount of armor, all the while keeping the anti-gravity, control
system, and targeting true to the original design. Thus the top end speed of the
Command Fighter is reduced by 200 kph and the total responsiveness of the mecha is less
than the Terran Fighter (in game terms -1 hand to hand attack). This was not felt to
be a severe disadvantage because the Bioroid Terran Fighters and remaining Bioroids would
scout ahead of the main force leaving any commanders surrounded by the main force.
The weapon systems were considerably changed. First the 85 mm gun
pod of the Terran Fighter was replaced with a rapid firing Gauss rifle. Although
both weapons have similar damage profiles, the gauss rife has a considerable advantage in
range. Unfortunately the Gauss rifle has such a high rate of fire that the total
number of bursts is quite low. Again the advantage of a long range weapon that could
cause considerable damage out weighed the relatively low amount of ammunition carried by
the weapon. The Robotech Scientist felt that the Command Terran Fighter would only
use its hand weapon at extreme range while the lesser units closed in for the kill.
Unlike the Terran Fighter the Command Terran Fighter, possesses 10 medium range
missiles. Again these were provided to supply the unit with a sizable long range
The Command Terran Fighter was only produced in Arizona after the Second
Robotech War, and then only in limited qualities. Only some 25 units were produced
in whole and most were lost in fighting with the remnants of the Alpha Tactical Armored
Corps immediately following the end of the war. The Robotech Masters were not
completely satisfied with the design. While it was true that the increased armor
helped protect the commander from enemy fire power. The reduced speed and poultry
amount of ammunition for the gauss rifle proved to be a liability. Often the
Robotech Masters found themselves leading hit and run attacks against the remaining
Southern Cross outpost, a type of mission the slower Terran Fighter found itself
completely unsuited for. In addition the Command Fighter soon found itself out of
ammunition in the stand up and drag out fights with the ATAC forces. Production of
the Command Terran Fighter ended when the Invid obliterated the production facility;
however, no less than 7 units ended up in resistance groups fighting against the Invid
until the liberation of the Earth.
The most famous Tiroilian anti-Invid resistance group was led by a third
stage clone, Yorn who piloted a Command Terran Fighter. Yorn was the survivor of no
less than 25 engagements during the second Robotech War destroying over 54 mecha during
the conflict. Once the Invid invaded, he formed a resistance group made up of
himself and 6 other stage three clones. His group known as the 7th Trinary destroyed
Invid outposts and patrol units in the northern Rocky Mountains. These raids
culminated in the destruction of an Invid Hive in what was northern Canada.
Unfortunately, the group was later destroyed when the Invid learned of the 7th Trinary's
staging area in the Sawtooth mountains though the intelligence provided by human
trators. Rumors persisted that Yorn survived the battle and assisted on the attack
of Reflex point, but these could neither be confirmed nor denied.
- Vehicle Type: One person all weather ground combat mecha
- Class: Tirolian Bioroid
Manufacturer: Robotech Masters
Crew: One pilot. Although possible a second person can sit on the pilots
lap. However, this was rarely if ever done.
MDC BY LOCATION:
||Command Terran Fighter
|(1) Main Body
|Reinforced Pilots Compartment
|(2) Anti Grav Units (2)
- Depleting the MDC of the main body will destroy the mecha.
- Destruction of the Anti-Grav units will send the Command Terran fighter plummeting to
- 40 kph
- 500 kph
- LEAPING, SOLDIER CONFIGURATION:
- 10 m
- 17.5 metric tons
- PHYSICAL STRENGTH:
- Equal to a P.S. of 60
- POWER PLANT:
- 1 x Zorr'lev-13-DCr protoculture generator
- Propulsion in Spaceborne operations:
- 2x Anti-grav Tsei-3 units located on either side of the back
- Delta V:
- Conditionally unlimited
- Generator Endurance:
- 7 years
- Three barreled Gauss Rifle: For the exclusive use with the Command Terran
Fighter. The Science masters developed the ultimate weapon for their command
bioroids. They decided to use a gauss rifle design. The weapon had the
advantage of an extreme range; however the ammunition usage was extremely high. This
was not viewed as a sever disadvantage because the commander of any bioroid force would
ideally be kept far behind the battle lines and would only occasionaly take shots.
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: Assault/Defense
- SECONDARY PURPOSE: Anti-Aircraft
- RANGE: 3000 m
- DAMAGE: short bursts 1d6*10, long bursts 2d6*10.
- RATE OF FIRE: Equal to the total number of H-to-H attacks
- PAYLOAD: 20 short bursts or 10 long
- Special: Critical strikes on 19 or 20.
- MM-10 MULTI-MISSILE SYSTEM: The Command Terran Fighter has 10 medium range
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: Assault/Defense
- SECONDARY PURPOSE: Anti-mecha
- RANGE: Varies
- DAMAGE: Varies
- RATE OF FIRE: One at a time or in volleys of two, four, six, eight, or all ten
- PAYLOAD: 5 mounted under each shoulder
- HAND TO HAND COMBAT:.
- Restrained Punch 1d6*3
- Full Punch: 4d6*3
- Power Punch: 4d6*3+12
- Tear or Pry: 3d6*3
- Kick: 3d6*3
- Leap Kick: 5d6*3
- Leap Kick: 4d6*3
- Body Block/Tackle: 4D6*3.
- Stomp: 2d4*3 MDC (only effective against small objects)
STANDARD EQUIPMENT FOR COMMAND TERRAN FIGHTER:
- CONVENTIONAL CCONTROL SYSTEMS: Unlike the other bioroids, the Terran
fighter is controlled through conventional means. This means that the terran fighter
is not as responsive as other bioroids (in game terms fewer hand to hand attacks).
This was done in order to elimite the need to produce the sophisticated mental control
gear necessary for standard bioroids.
- COMBAT COMPUTER: The Command Terran Fighter possesses a combat computer that can
track some 50 targets.
- RADAR: One spherical phased array radar with surveillance modes, effective range
over 40 km.
- EXTERNAL AUDIO PICKUP: Range: 300 ft (91.5 m). A sound amplification system that
can pick up normal conversation up to 300 feet away.
- HEAT AND RADIATION SHIELDS: Special shielding prevents the penetration of life
threatening heat and radiation. A radiation detection and alarm system are linked with the
shields and will sound an alarm if there is a rupture in the shields and what the levels
of radiation are.
- LASER COMMUNICATIONS: Long range, directional communication system. Effective
range: 100,000 miles
- LASER TARGETING SYSTEM: Range: 50 miles (160 km). Used for increased accuracy in
the striking of enemy targets and is partly responsible for the mecha's strike bonus.
- LOUDSPEAKER: A loudspeaker system is built into the craft, which can be used to
amplify the pilot's voice up to 90 decibels.
- OPTICS: NIGHTVISION: Range: 2000 feet (610 m). A passive light image intensifier
that emits no light of its own, but relies on ambient light which is electronically
amplified to produce a visible picture.
- OPTICS: THERMAL IMAGER: Range: 2000 feet (610 m). A passive optical heat sensor
that detects infrared radiation projected by warm objects and converts that data into a
false-color visible image. The system enables the pilot to see in the dark, in shadows,
and through smoke, and also adds a +10% bonus to pilots using a tracking skill.
- RADIO/VIDEO COMMUNICATION: Long range, directional communications system with
satellite relay capabilities. Range: 600 miles (960 km) or can be boosted indefinitely via
- ACTIVE PASSIVE JAMMING SYSTEMS: These systems can be used to jam both
sensors and missiles.
COMBAT BONUSES FOR COMMAND TERRAN FIGHTER:
- 3 attacks per melee plus those of the pilot
- One additional attack at levels 5 and 10
- +3 to roll with the punch
- +4 to strike
- +2 to parry
- +3 dodge / +8 with sled although rarely used
SOURCES USED IN CREATION OF DOCUMENT
- Palladium's Robotech RPG Book IV: Southern Cross
- The Robotech Technical Files: Bioroid
Back to Mecha Home