(Version 1.00 - Last updated:
- Background and RPG Statistics by Kenneth
- Based on an original mecha design by Lee Duhig and Herb
- Published in Antarctic Press "Robotech Wings of Gibraltar #1 & 2
Before the Zentraedi invasion,
several RDF research stations were created in the outer fringes of the solar system.
Research Station Gibraltar was located in the asteroid field between Mars and
Jupiter. The base produced several prototype mecha under the Chief Research
Scientist Janel Chase. One such unit was an upgraded QF-3000 Ghost Fighter.
The upgraded unit was designed to out fight, out fly, and out think the
QF-3000 series of Ghostfighters. To this first end, the QF-3000's aging GU-9's
were replaced with a single EP-4x experimental particle gun. Both weapons have
similar damage potentials at all ranges; however the EP-4x had slightly increased range as
well as the main advantaged that the energy for the weapon is drawn from the main
protoculture generator. The missile bays on either side of the ghost fighter were
deleted, not for any technical reason; however, RDF fighter pilots were quite weary of the
system when the earlier model ghost fighters accidentally fired on friendly units.
The QF-4000 was given three Pratt and Whitney JG99B Fusion Turbines which would give the
QF-4000e 10% more thrust than the most advanced of the QF-3000 engines. In addition
the Superghost because of the single particle cannon and lack of ammunition supplies is
some 5 metric tons lighter than the Ghostfighter and as a result able to
significantly outmaneuver the older models. Finally, the Superghost was given the upgraded
mk3a Robotech Research Heuristic Expert Piloting/Combat System, which is able to detect,
analyze, and respond at a much more rapid pace than the earlier mk3 system.
Only a thirty five Superghosts are known to be produced. Soon after
the initial test runs in January 23, 2010 an elite force of Zentraedi led by Major Calen
attacked Research Station Gibraltar. The Superghosts performed well, however they
were quickly overwhelmed by the vastly superior Zentraedi forces both in number and in
quality of forces. However in a last minute reversal of fortune (the then) Lt. Max
Sterling piloted the VF-I2 and destroyed Major Calen. Unfortunately, the
station undertook so much much damage that the fusion reactor ignited and annilhated
the remaining Zentraedi as well as the remaining Superghosts. The destruction of the
station destroyed all the research material and no known versions are believed to have
- Vehicle Type: QF-4000E
- Class: Unmanned aerospace fighter
Manufacturer: Robotech Defense Forces
MDC BY LOCATION:
|Engine Thrusters (1)
- Destroying the MDC of the main body will destroy the mecha
- FLYING, FIGHTER CONFIGURATION:
- Max level speed at sea level : 1200 kph
Max level speed: 6100 kph @ 30,000 m
Stall speed : 250 kph
Initial climb rate : over 40000m per minute
Service ceiling : 40 km (unboosted).
MAX ENGINE THRUST:
- 3 x PRATT & WHITNEY JG99B FUSION TURBINES: Max output of 121
- ASSORTED AUXILIARY MANEUVERING THRUSTERS
- 7,000 kg empty.
- Delta V:
- 100 kps
- Fuel Capacity:
- 12 standard canisters of protoculture, 150 liters of D20 reactant for fusion engines.
- 1 x EP-4x: The cannon is charged directly from the main protoculture
generator and can fire up to 9 MJ of particle energy every second. The weapon proved
to be so successful that the later VF-4 "Lightning" incorporated a version
of the EP-4 as its main weaponry.
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: Assault
- SECONDARY PURPOSE: Anti-Mecha
- RANGE: 1500 m
- DAMAGE: 1d4*10 for each shot
- RATE OF FIRE: Single shots
- PAYLOAD: Effectively unlimited
STANDARD EQUIPMENT FOR THE SUPERGHOST:
- 2 x ROBOTECH RESEARCH GROUP MK3A HEURISTIC EXPERT PILOTING/COMBAT SYSTEM: The
QF-4000e possesses an upgraded artificial intelligence system from the GF-3000. The
system performs the three basic functions of combat: detection, analysis, and
response. Although the earlier units had some problems of detection of enemy
threats, the production models performed excellent
- COMBAT COMPUTER: The combat computer tracks and identifies specific enemy
targets, and has a database of over 2000 images stored in memory. The computer can
identify and track up to 250 targets simultaneously.
- LASER TARGETING SYSTEM: Range: 100 miles (160 km). Used for increased accuracy in
the striking of enemy targets and is partly responsible for the fighter's strike bonus.
- WESTINGHOUSE APG-145 X-BAND PULSE OMNI-DIRECTIONAL RADAR: 200 mile range.
- RADIO/VIDEO COMMUNICATION: Long range, directional communications system with
satellite relay capabilities. Range: 300 miles (960 km) or can be boosted indefinitely via
- ELETTRONICA RADAR WARNING RECEIVER (RWR)
- OLDEFT INFRA-RED WARNING RECEIVER (IRWR)
- SELENIA SKY WARRIOR ACTIVE/PASSIVE SENSOR JAMMERS
- CHAFF AND FLARE DISPENSERS: 24 chaff and 24 flares
COMBAT BONUSES FOR THE QF-4000E:
- 5 attacks per melee
- +2 to strike
- +3 to dodge
REFERENCES USED IN THIS DESIGN
- Robotech Technical Files: QF-3000 Ghost Drone Fighter
- Palladium Books: "Robotech the Roll-Playing Game"
Back to Mecha Home