SF-9 PIRATE SPACE FIGHTER
(Version 1.10 - Last updated:
- RPG Translation by Kenneth
- Background Information derived from Robotech
- HTML form provided by Dave
See Robotech Technical
Files SF-9 Pirate Space Fighter
- Vehicle Type: SF-9 Pirate Space Fighter
- Class: One Man aerospace fighter
Manufacturer: Southern Cross Tactical Space Corps
Crew: One pilot wearing Tactical Life Support System.
MDC BY LOCATION:
|Reinforced Pilots Compartment
|Engine Thrusters (2)
|Colt Laser Cannons (2)
- Destroying the MDC of the main body or the Pilots Compartment will destroy the mecha
- FLYING, FIGHTER CONFIGURATION:
- Max level speed at sea level : Mach 1.0
Max level speed: Mach 4.5
Stall speed : 250 kph
Initial climb rate : over 20000m per minute
Service ceiling : 40 km (unboosted).
MAX ENGINE THRUST:
- 2 x PRATT & WHITNEY JG99B FUSION TURBINES: Max output of 121
- ASSORTED AUXILIARY MANEUVERING THRUSTERS
- 7,500 kg empty.
- Small compartment behind pilot's seat for personal belongings
- Delta V:
- 120 kps
- Fuel Capacity:
- 12 standard canisters of protoculture, 150 liters of D20 reactant for fusion engines.
- 2 x COLT E-19 4M5 MJ LASER CANNONS: Two cannons are mounted in a
traversable turret located on the bottom of the ship.
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: Assault
- SECONDARY PURPOSE: Anti-Mecha
- RANGE: 1500 m
- DAMAGE: 4d6 for each single shot, 1d4*10 for each dual shot
- RATE OF FIRE: Single shots equal to the combined attacks of the pilot.
- PAYLOAD: Effectively unlimited
STANDARD EQUIPMENT FOR THE PIRATE:
- AUTO-PILOT: The Pirate is equipped with a computerized auto-pilot, allowing the
pilot to relax or even sleep during long voyages. The auto- pilot can be programmed with a
single destination or a complex flight plan involving multiple speeds, directions, and
destinations. The onboard computer will alert the pilot when the fighter is near its
destination, and can also be set to automatically signal when sensors detect objects near
- COMBAT COMPUTER: The combat computer tracks and identifies specific enemy
targets, and has a database of over 2000 images stored in memory. The computer can
identify and track up to 250 targets simultaneously.
- LASER TARGETING SYSTEM: Range: 100 miles (160 km). Used for increased accuracy in
the striking of enemy targets and is partly responsible for the fighter's strike bonus.
- WESTINGHOUSE APG-145 X-BAND PULSE OMNI-DIRECTIONAL RADAR: 200 mile range.
- RADIO/VIDEO COMMUNICATION: Long range, directional communications system with
satellite relay capabilities. Range: 300 miles (960 km) or can be boosted indefinitely via
- STANDARD SURVIVAL KIT: All Southern Cross fighters come equipped with a portable
survival kit. Inside the small reinforced box is a medium-sized flashlight, two hand
flares, one rocket flare, a compass, infrared distancing binoculars, a small mirror, a
pocket knife, dehydrated and concentrated food (can be stretched into a five day supply
for one person) and basic first aid items (aspirin, bandages, disinfectants, etc.)
- TACTICAL LIFE SUPPORT SYSTEM: The Pirate's cockpit is pressurized, and also
provides additional air feeds to the pilot's flight suit that provides him with
pressurized breathing. The SC flight suit also contains an upper and lower g-suit that
promotes blood circulation even during high-g turns, thus decreasing the possibility of
pilot's blacking out in combat.
- ELETTRONICA RADAR WARNING RECEIVER (RWR)
- OLDEFT INFRA-RED WARNING RECEIVER (IRWR)
- SELENIA SKY WARRIOR ACTIVE/PASSIVE SENSOR JAMMERS
- CHAFF AND FLARE DISPENSERS: 24 chaff and 24 flares
COMBAT BONUSES FOR PIRATE TRAINING:
- 2 attacks per melee (plus those of the pilot).
- Add one additional action/attack at levels six and eleven.
- +1 to strike
- +6 to dodge
REFERENCES USED IN THIS DESIGN
- Robotech Technical Files: SF-9 Pirate Space Fighter
Back to Mecha Home