AIR DEFENSE ROBOT ADR-12 JAGUAR
(Version 2.00 - Last updated:
- RPG Stats and Background by Kenneth
- Drawings by Matt Willis
- Based off an orginal design from: B-Club Special #9:
Artimic Design Works and Entertainment Bible 16
As the First Invid War was coming to its final climatic conclusion with the defeat of
the Invid Regent over Optera, REF designers began to look at creating newer destroid
designs that would replaced the ones that had been used throughout the Sentinel
campaign. They soon came to the realization that even though the Invid Regent had
been defeated, there was still a sizable amount of "mopping up" the pockets of
resistance that still remained. Even more threatening was the realization that the
Invid Regis was still on the loose controlling a full one-half of the orginally number of
Invid. With these two facts in mind, the REF designers on Tirol engineered a new
class of destroids that were to be optimized for fighting with the numerically superior
One of the newer designs that was to replace the REF Radar X, was the ADR-12 Jaguar
destroid. Mecha commanders soon came to the realization that conflicts with the
Invid were usually brief. Invid tactics consisted of throwing their entire force of
clamships and mecha at the incoming REF forces in the hope that the massive numbers would
overwhelm the defenders. The newer Jaguar was designed to unleash an incredible amount of
firepower over a short duration. This was unlike the REF Radar X which could keep up
a constant rate of firepower over a long durration.
The Jaguar was designed around two massive DD-32 medium range launchers. These
launchers can hold up to 32 Coralsnake missiles, 16
standard medium range, or 8 long range missiles. This gives the tactical commander
the maximum amount of flexibility. The standard MM-52 short range missile system, a
striped down version of the MM-60 found on the alpha fighter, was added to give the Jaguar
short range defensive and offensive capabilities. In addition, the Jaguar can use
any of the hand held weapons of the VAF-6
series veritech or the massive EU-12 from the Condor.
Approximately 1000 Jaguars were created during the Sentinel war and subsequent mop up
operations. The design proved to be incredibly effective. These units had one
of the highest survivability rates as the massive firepower from the Jaguar could destroy
large groups of Invid while they were a sizable distance away. By the time the REF
was mounting its final assault to reclaim Terra, production of the Jaguar had stopped in
favor of the more maneuverable VBF-9 series
veritech fighter, which could also be used in a similar fire support roll but had the
maneuverability associated with a three form veritech.
- Vehicle Type: One manned Air Defense mecha
- Class: Destroid
Manufacturer: Robotech Research
Crew: One pilot wearing Tactical Life Support System.
MDC BY LOCATION:
|* Head / Sensor
|Forearm /Missile Pods (2)
|Shoulder / Missile Pods (2)
|Upper Legs (2)
|Lower Legs (2)
|** Main Body
|Rear Thrusters (2)
|EU-12 Gud Pod
- * Destroying the head of the Jaguar will knock out the mecha's major sensor
systems, including all of the optics systems (infrared, nightvision, thermal). Radar and
communications will be unaffected.
- ** Depleting the MDC of the main body will destroy the mecha.
- 185 kph
- 300 meters without thrusters.
- 350 kph for two minutes
- MAX ENGINE THRUST:
- 2 x Pratt & Whitney JG95D [Main] fusion plasma-air/reaction mass
intermix turbines in the mounted on the back. Max thrust, 118 kN each.
[Optional] An external booster engine pod can be attached to the back. The two PSE7C
engines in the pod are rated to 112 kN each, but can only be fired for 4 minutes before
Typically, this pod was employed when the mecha was used for fast raids.
- 30.5 metric tons fully loaded
- PHYSICAL STRENGTH:
- Equal to a P.S. of 60
- Small compartment behind pilot's seat for personal belongings in addition to the cyclone
- POWER PLANT:
- 2 x RRL-2P Miniaturized Protoculture-cell energizer
- 16 standard canisters of Protoculture
1 dedicated canister for main weapon (if applicable)
9.8 lit. D2O reactant for fusion engines.
- Delta V:
- 35 kps, however an additional 85 kps may be added with the two PSE7C reaction
- COMPATIBLE FAST PACKS:
- 2xDD-32 MULTIMISSILE SYSTEM: Each DD-32 missile system can be configured to hold
32 coralsnake, 16
standard medium or 8 long range missiles. This provides the mission commander with
the greatest amount of tacticle flexiblity. Eight are ready to fire for any given missile
type, with reloades immediately behind. Launchers are mounted on the shoulder.
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: Assault/Defense
- SECONDARY PURPOSE: Anti-mecha
- RANGE: Varies with missile type
- DAMAGE: Varies with missile type
- RATE OF FIRE: One at a time or in volleys of two, four, eight
- PAYLOAD: Each launcher can mount (32 coralsnake, 16 standard
medium, or 8 long range)
- MM-52 MULTI-MISSILE SYSTEM: The Jaguar has 60 onboard variable short range hammerhead
missiles for close in defense.
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: Assault/Defense
- SECONDARY PURPOSE: Anti-mecha
- RANGE: Varies
- DAMAGE: Varies
- RATE OF FIRE: For the forearms launchers in volleys of 1, 2, 4, 6, 10 or all 20.
In the lower legs in volleys of 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, or all 32.
- PAYLOAD: 10 hammerheads
in each forearms, 16
hammerheads in each lower leg
- EU-12 Destablizer (optional): The Jaguar can mounts the predissor to the EU-13
found on many of the late model VAF-6's. The EU-12 is a larger version mounting its own
dedicated protoculture cansiter to supply the vast quantiy of energy necessary for this
- PRIMARY PURPOSE: Assault
- SECONDARY PURPOSE: Anti-Mecha
- RANGE: 2000 m
- DAMAGE: 5d6 for each single shot, 1D6x10 for each short bursts, or 3d4*10 for
each long bursts.
- RATE OF FIRE: Equal to the combined attacks of the pilot.
- PAYLOAD: 500 single shots, 100 short bursts, 50 long
- HAND TO HAND COMBAT: If necessary, the Jaguar can engage in melee combat rather
than use a weapon. The Jaguar is extremely agile and can execute most typical hand to hand
combat moves, such as punches, jump kicks, leap attacks, rolling with impacts, etc.
- Punch: 1D6*3
- Kick: 1D6*3
- Leap Kick: 2D6*3
- Body Flip/Throw: 1D6*3
- Body Block/Tackle: 1D6*3
- Stomp: 1D4*3 . (only effective against small objects)
STANDARD EQUIPMENT FOR THE JAGUAR:
- COMBAT COMPUTER: The Jaguar is equipped with a combat computer that can
store and analyze data during combat with hostile forces. The combat computer tracks and
identifies specific enemy targets, and has a database of over 10,000 images stored in
memory. The computer can identify and track up to 250 targets simultaneously.
- EXTERNAL AUDIO PICKUP: Range: 300 ft (91.5 m). A sound amplification system that
can pick up normal conversation up to 300 feet away.
- HEAT AND RADIATION SHIELDS: Special shielding prevents the penetration of life
threatening head and radiation. A radiation detection and alarm system are linked with the
shields and will sound an alarm if there is a rupture in the shields and what the levels
of radiation are.
- HOMING SIGNAL: The Jaguar is equipped with a homing device that enables rescue
teams to locate a disabled craft or ejected life pod. The range of the signal is 400 miles
(640 km). Most REF ships and veritechs can locate and track a homing signal, and the
onboard computers will automatically notify their pilots if such a signal is detected.
- LASER TARGETING SYSTEM: Range: 100 miles (160 km). Used for increased accuracy in
the striking of enemy targets and is partly responsible for the mecha's strike bonus.
- LOUDSPEAKER: A loudspeaker system is built into the craft, which can be used to
amplify the pilot's voice up to 90 decibels.
- OPTICS: INFRARED: Range: 2000 feet (610 m). This optical system projects a beam
of infrared light that is invisible to the normal eye, but detectable by the mecha's
sensors. The system allows the pilot to detect hidden/concealed objects by their IR
reflectiveness. The beam will be visible to anyone with IR sensitive optics, however.
- OPTICS: NIGHTVISION: Range: 2000 feet (610 m). A passive light image intensifier
that emits no light of its own, but relies on ambient light which is electronically
amplified to produce a visible picture.
- OPTICS: THERMAL IMAGER: Range: 2000 feet (610 m). A passive optical heat sensor
that detects infrared radiation projected by warm objects and converts that data into a
false-color visible image. The system enables the pilot to see in the dark, in shadows,
and through smoke, and also adds a +10% bonus to pilots using a tracking skill.
- HOLLANDSE SIGNAL FROGTONGUE LONG RANGE RADAR: (250 km) UWB phased array
radar with stealthy modes and optimized for ground to air dection and tracking
- WESTINGHOUSE TPG-308 MEDIUM RANGE RADAR: (50km) UWB phased
array pulse Doppler for detection and tracking of targets with battlefield surveillance
- RADIO/VIDEO COMMUNICATION: Long range, directional communications system with
satellite relay capabilities. Range: 600 miles (960 km) or can be boosted indefinitely via
- SELF-DESTRUCT: To prevent capture of an advance variable fighter by the enemy,
the pilot can activate the self-destruct system, which will cause the fighter to
explode after a delay of up to 60 minutes (time is set by the pilot). The explosive damage
is contained within a 20 foot (6 m) area and inflicts 1D6x10 M.D. to everything within the
radius of the explosion. All internal systems are obliterated. The escape pod will be
automatically ejected prior to the explosion unless the pilot overrides the ejection
- STANDARD SURVIVAL KIT: All REFs mecha come equipped with a portable survival kit.
Inside the small reinforced box is a medium-sized flashlight, two hand flares, one rocket
flare, a compass, infrared distancing binoculars, a small mirror, a pocket knife,
dehydrated and concentrated food (can be stretched into a five day supply for one person)
and basic first aid items (aspirin, bandages, disinfectants, etc.)
- TACTICAL LIFE SUPPORT SYSTEM: The Condor's cockpit is pressurized, and also
provides additional air feeds to the pilot's flight suit that provides him with
- ELETTRONICA RADAR WARNING RECEIVER (RWR)
- OLDEFT INFRA-RED WARNING RECEIVER (IRWR)
- WESTINGHOUSE ALQ-250(V) ACTIVE SENSOR JAMMER
- CHAFF AND FLARE DISPENSERS: 24 chaff and 24 flares are stored in the
COMBAT BONUSES FOR JAGUAR TRAINING:
- 4 attacks per melee (plus those of the pilot).
- Add one additional action/attack at levels five and ten.
- +2 to strike
- +2 to parry
- +2 to dodge
- +3 to roll with a punch or fall with an impact, reducing damage by half.
- Critical strike same as pilot's hand-to-hand.
REFERENCES USED IN THIS DESIGN
- Robotech Technical Files: Condor
- Palladium Books: "The Sentinels"
Back to Mecha Home